Sunday, August 9, 2020

Leo Coleman Jr Hanging and the Redding Sundial Cannabis Collective

  


Imagine if you will, you are heading up a facebook site seeking justice for one of the most heinous crimes ever to be covered up in Shasta County. Oh im not talking about the lynching of the Ruggles brothers or the multitude of other unsolved lynching's over the years here.


I speak of the beating, torture and mutilation of a black man covered up some 23 years ago.



"The mutilated body of 31 year-old Leo Coleman, Jr. of Redding, California was found hanging from a tree in the nearby town of Anderson by two teenage boys November 24, 1997.

"Police reports document that Officer Ochoa received three separate ' reports from three different people on November 24, that Leo Coleman, Jr. was the victim of hanging by adherents of so-called "white pride" elements in the local community. On the day after Leo, Jr.'s death was reported, someone made a drawing of a hanging man and put it on Bobbi Culver, Leo, Jr.''s girlfriend's, front door."

After reading the only news publication with the courage to cover this gruesome tragic cover up story one MUST READ the tragic tale as you can see after reading and you have a heart and soul, you also will want to help in any way possible.

*WARNING GRAPHIC*  You can find the complete story of the hanging of Leo Coleman and 3 letters to the editor here    


Now with the Grace of God attention has been drawn by local news media outlets that folks indeed are seeking justice for Leo Coleman Jr, as the Record Searchlight reported. 

"23 years later, family still has questions about a Black man's hanging death in Anderson"

Our group Justice for Leo Coleman Jr and the Coleman family facebook group WE DEMAND JUSTICE FOR LEO COLEMAN JR even had a flower memorial for Leo Jr in front of Anderson Police Department and this is what the Chief of Anderson California police department had to say following the protest. 


“The men and women of APD care about this community and are committed to uncovering the truth, seeking justice, and serving without bias, prejudice, or regard. We will continue to investigate this matter and vet out all information, leads, and suspects before rendering a final disposition.”

Police issue response to demonstrators seeking justice for hanged black man, 23 years ago


"And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two."

Now Approximately a month and a half ago a young lady at Sundial Collective approached me and began talking about the Leo Coleman Jr case unsolicited.

She stated her ******* To Sensitive At This Time *******

A month and a half later, I asked the young girl at Sundial collective if anybody from Anderson Police Department called her, and she stated no... I also then enquired about her name as the Record Searchlight reporter asked me repeatedly through emails what her, and her brothers name was.

Well I left this message on comment section of Sundial Collective.

******* To Sensitive At This Time ******* "One of your employees has repeatedly told me her brother was one of the juveniles that originally found the body of black man Leo Coleman Jr. hanging 23 years ago. She stated her brother said there were symbols carved in the body, which would be quite strange since the police were quick to call it a suicide. As you can imagine I wish this information to go to the proper authorities as I am the administrator of the Justice For Leo Coleman Jr Facebook page. In fact here is a cut and paste of email of Record Searchlight reporter I received just this morning... As you can see this is no game...... Family members have been suffering for years.......

If your budtender is playing game with me, I need to know now"

"From: Arthur,Damon <Damon.Arthur@redding.com>

Sent: Monday, July 27, 2020 6:13 PM

To: chris <chriseric777@hotmail.com>

Subject: RE: Leo Coleman Jr Murder Information

Hi Mr. Solberg,

What is her brother’s name?

I interviewed a man a few weeks ago who said he was one of two who found Leo Coleman Jr. in 1997.

I have been unable to verify his story. I would need to verify the story of anyone who told me they found Leo Coleman Jr.

The Anderson Police will not release police reports to me and Leo Coleman’s father says the names of the two boys who found him were covered up in the copy of the police report he has. So at this point I am unable to verify the statements from anyone.

It would be helpful if the people who claim to have found Mr. Coleman could provide verification of their stories.

Thank you,"

(Sent via Sundial Collective )


Well I was security at Sundial Collective when a manager, owner? came out unidentified as her name or position started saying I was going in to approach this girl and quiz her again, which is not true, and I explained what she told me and that my one and only goal was for her to speak to Damon Arthur, reporter at Record Searchlight , and I only wanted to know if she would yes or no and drop it for good there. This "manager" after explaining my story, stated "I cant blame you" and gave me her word she would find out. In the mean time, I received another email from Damon Arthur , reporter asking AGAIN what is her name...

My response,


Good Morning...

"You certainly have my permission to phone manager Ashley at Sundial collective to explain the situation as I left a message with her wanting a face to face but have yet to hear back.  I did tell the other manager at Sundial collective that the business did not even need to be mentioned in any possible news story as my one and only goal was to have her brother talk to reporter Mr Arthur... Perhaps I spoke out of turn, but I see how crucial contact of this girl's brother is, and if he is willing to talk. That was days ago. 

Thank you for your continued interest in this stunning cover up of a tragic murder

Chris Solberg 


For my efforts to seek justice, my supervisor has stated Sundial Collective has removed me from my job and position as security , and my supervisor has relayed that their is a restraining order against me for my efforts to see that this valuable information has been passed on to the proper authorities.

It is my personal opinion that Sundial collective management  is playing games with the lives and hearts of the Leo Coleman Jr family.

Has not 23 years been long enough?

I think and believe management wants nothing to affect the sales and distribution of cannabis products sales, profit over people, and their plants are far more important that the Leo Coleman Jr family.

If you tell the creator of Justice For Leo Coleman Jr group Sundial Collective management the things you did about this ghastly murder, what do you or would you expect a reasonable and prudent individual to do with the information?

I want a copy of this restraining order please...

Chris Solberg

4 comments:

Leslie Braggs said...

Apply for unemployment Chris and take them to the labor board. This woman is withholding valuable information that has the capacity to solve a murder crime. This is also criminal. God bless you.

Redding Homeless said...

It looks like after all the phone calls from members of Justice For Leo Coleman Jr demanding answers I believe Anderson Police Department has FINALLY investigated the employee at Sundial Collective and received information one way or another as far as witnesses go just several days ago.

K.duncan said...

I dont know why the cops havent talked to me being I was the one who made the police report

Leslie Braggs said...

The detective denied having a statement from you to me directly hmmmm.