Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Redding Shasta County Welfare Workers Tell Disabled Security Guard NOT To Investigate Alleged Downtown Rapist

 
Shasta County Health and Human Services 

I worked as a security guard at 1220 Sacramento Street in the downtown Redding Shasta County welfare office. I had a problem with who I should turn in my incident reports into as in my opinion a rather troubled client named "Donny," (not real name) had been swinging a cane dangerously close to my security guard partner.  Several days later this individual Donny was outside yelling and flipping the bird at somebody out in the parking lot. I later saw the fellow Donny was fighting with and individual said Donny "has raped several women in Redding."

Next day this same individual was in office when Donny came in and started yelling "this guy is accusing me of rape" which supervisor "Sammy Jo" did an incident report. I told supervisor Athena about the Donny incidents and have been told by "Supervisor Athena" with Supervisor Fawn in Fawns office that "I was to quit investigating Donny" and the City of Redding wants them to relocate due to the people they attract, and the number of police calls they generate.

3 guards I know of alone were told NOT to call the police... and I believe my incident reports on Donny have been "misplaced" by welfare staff...

Another security guard that works there said he goes out with them at night socially, (Welfare workers) and has told them the same thing about City of Redding wanting them to relocate.

For the sake of the safety of the county workers I am guarding any allegations of rape that occur in the parking lot I am guarding and inside the welfare office on my watch certainly WILL be investigated.

Another security guard there and I were taken into the office and their expectations were made known to us by supervisors "Sammy Jo" and Maureen.  They told us that if there were any incidents, we were to call them on little two-way radios and not emergency police, or EMS and they would respond. I said to these supervisors are they telling me I have to call them if I am assaulted and not the police?

Supervisor Maureen replied, "Well two heads are better than one."

She then gave me a slip of paper with 2 phone numbers should I have a problem

In an effort to appease the pressure allegedly applied by the City of Redding and reduce emergency dispatches to the facility it is shocking to me that officer safety, especially a disabled officer, is being undermined, especially in an area where severe mental health and addictions are so prevalent, some of these folks are violent.

Should I be punished for such conduct by Shasta County Welfare staff?

I certainly would like and believe that I am not banned as they now say from all Shasta County sites my security guard company serves and need an attorney to guide me through this strange episode of the real-life Twilight Zone.
  


1 comment:

Michelle Drummond said...

Well what I would do is talk to the DA and/or a lawyer to find out whether they recommend that the police are the ones who should be called.
iAter all it is their job and training to protect and serve the public from such threats and definitely assaults.
If you were any one else being threatened and asaulted the police is exactly who you would call.
It sounds to me that those supervisors are attempting to hide the actual amount of incedents that do occur on their premises as to not call attention to their own lack of management in handling the situations that are occurring. An in that attempt they are willing to put theimselves and employees - not to mention their customers at risk in their attempt to with hold and discourage employees to call the authorities who are trained in handling such person's.
As far as their attempt to intimidate you and blackball your company from getting other contracts in Shasta County you can take that to court on a slander of business case where they will be forced to show hard evidence against you and/or pay restitution for your lost wages due to their slander.
Remember these types of person operate through intimidation and manipulation tactics and that the average Joe is ignorant of his actual rights and ignorant of how to handle those threats.
Because it is a business slandering another business in an attempt to cost your business it's prosperity and livelyhood I am sure that they would loose in court.
So gather as much documendation and write down all you can remember being told by them and start get consultations from some lawyers. Do your homework on slander too because it is a real thing that is prosecuted for.
Then tell those supervisors to prove to you with judge signed order about your company not being allowed to work for anyone else. Better yet have your lawyer send her a document requesting her court order stating suchI a thing.
I bet you'll find she is just trying to blow smoke up your ass hoping you'll fall for it.
Good luck and nail them man!